Monday, November 5, 2012

What I Wish I Knew A Year Ago!

I can't believe its been a year since I started Save Big, Live Better! The time has flown by thanks to all of you amazing people that I get to know a little better each and every day:)

Looking back on where I've come from since November 2011, there are a few things I have learned (and not just about couponing!) that I'd like to share...

1) The most amazing friendships can grow without even having met in person! Simply from sharing a common interest, and similar goals, we have built such a fabulous community of people that genuinely care about our group, and want to help others reach their savings goals by sharing their own experiences, its truly amazing!
I feel like I have gotten to know many of you, as well as other bloggers, over the last year, your families, your sense of humor, and your drive to save! It's been fantastic to say the least!

2) Working from home is not as easy as people think! I know it's certainly not as simple as I had originally thought! I easily spend 50-60 hours a week tracking down sales and coupons and maintaining and updating Savebiglivebetter.com. On top of caring for a now 18 month old ball of energy, and keeping a clean home, this has proven to be a true full time job!
Would I choose differently if I could go back in time? Absolutely not! 

3) It's important to make time for family and friends! Defining a clear line between work and family can be difficult when you work from home since it's always there! But I've definitely learned the importance of taking some time to relax with my family now and again, and know now that the couponing world wont fall apart without me for a day! LOL:)

4) Success takes time! Its been a long road to get where I am now, both with this website and community, as well as financially. Probably the biggest and most important lesson I have taken away from the last year has been that success is a process, and certainly doesn't happen overnight!
Whether you are growing a business, paying down debt, building a stockpile, or simply using coupons to save on the grocery bill, it takes time to see the full effects of your efforts! But trust me...it's worth the wait!

Thank you all so much for all of your support over the last year and continuing to share this site with your friends and family to help them save as well!

Looking forward to seeing all the success we'll get to celebrate in the upcoming year! As always...

HAPPY SAVING:)