Thursday, June 21, 2012

Sky High Food Costs In Nunavut

As some of you are already aware, a number of photos have been circulating on the internet displaying the ridiculous prices the people of Nunavut are expected to pay for simple food items like water, fruits and vegetables.

No, you're not seeing things, the price of this case of water (which one of us would usually pay $1-$2 for) is $104!

I am not typically one to push a cause on my site since I think everyone has the right to their own opinion, but seeing as how the basis of SBLB is to help others save, I think this is a great opportunity for us to try and help make a difference in saving for these people.

If you would like to show your support to this cause, you can Sign The Petition, and/or join the Facebook Group Feeding My Family to stay up to date on how this situation develops.

THANKS:)